Thursday, January 1, 2015

Another year and Christmas

Another year is here......................2015.........................................Christmas was like any other really. We were up early, opened presents here at home then off we went to my parents, this seems to always be our happening. My mom was aware of this happening so things weren't out of the usual. She does try very hard to not show her confusion and I totally give her credit for her strength. The day was spent with a great spread of food my father prepared and then an afternoon of opening presents....believe you me it does take all afternoon....watching my mom both hurt and filled me with so much joy.......she opened her presents like a child....diving into all and opening them as a child would...she didn't want to put anything down and my father had to talk her into putting her presents on the floor beside her so she could open the next once her lap got full....after presents were open we enjoyed some quiet time or for those tired a sleep. Just before supper we heard a thump...........my mother attempted to get out of bed, falling and hurting her hand and arm. That just threw the whole dinner off.......my father was beside himself and I was totally not sure how to or what to do other than first aid and just be sure she was comfortable. After dinner we sat and talked.......................................it was a long day and as my mother tired we decided it was time to leave...as usual she too wanted to leave............sundowners. It's never easy leaving the house............she always wants to come-it's hard for all............Taylor looks like a deer in headlights and my father is always close behind me--keeping a watch on my mom so that she stays sitting in her chair so she doesn't have another fall and he's closely down the stairs behind us to lock the door for them being in the house secured for the night---but that's another story for another time....... Christmas is always the five of us.....we make what we can of it and create memories I hope that will be remember and cherished............I'm never sure how much my mother will remember but I do know that when things are happening she is enjoying herself and that is all that's important to me for her.

No comments: