Sunday, December 28, 2008

So that was Christmas
wow
It seems to take forever to get here and then it's gone in a day. Our day was absolutely amazing, my family was together for the first time since hubby started his job. That in it's self was amazing. Without us knowing, my hubby put in a request at work to have Christmas Day off, and believe it or not it was granted. Taylor had her daddy at home and the day was amazing, we first started out at home with a morning full of fun unwrapping presents. After a bit of a rest and a few phone calls from friends we headed to my parents home for more gift unwrapping and dinner.
Dad had dinner under control, it's been his kitchen since he retired and my mom's health went downhill.
Dinner was amazing, yup I ate far too much, and well, we all helped tidy up and then we left for home. Each year we drive through a neighbourhood where the lights are professionally set up on the houses. After a quiet drive through we headed for home where Taylor crashed after her fun filled day.

I simply can't believe Christmas was just a few days away, it seems like forever, but it was one of my best ones ever.
If I had to do the day over again I wouldn't change a thing.
I'm hoping yours was just as amazing, and that Santa was good to you too.
Little things make me happy, not materialistic things, and just having my hubby home was the best Christmas present ever.

No comments: