Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Take each day as a new one...

things happen, life goes on and each day is a new day. Trying to believe that--really I am. Last night my mother, father and I had the most amazing phone conversation, in the end when we were talking the subject came up about who people were. I try to avoid that with my mother, sometimes she knows and other times it's just not there. Well, last night I thought for sure she knew it was her daughter on the phone, she started talking about some bbq she had been to long ago and it came about she thought she was talking to one of my aunts. It must be so hard not knowing who people are in your life, she hardly recognizes my father, and I know it's hard on him, but each day is a new day. The same questions are asked of him a thousand times and for five minutes he has her understanding then she forgets again. Why is this disease so cruel? But, like I said take each day as a new day, move forward or backwards with it, and take the good and the not so good. Tonight I am heading there for supper, I look forward to it, but know that at some point my heart will hurt for my mother's lack of remembering, it's tough, I know I am not the only one that is going through this walk with it, so I take one step forward two back, it's like a dance, one that has no music but one that is being led and I will follow.



2 comments:

papertrails leaver said...

Oh Lisa reading this made me tear up. I know the disease is so humbling. It robs our loved ones of their memories and ability to recognize those they love dearly. I think it made me more determined to try to reconnect and see if the memories would return. Prayers and hugs to you and family.

Nancy said...

Wow! I will say a prayer for you during this journey! So glad I found your blog!