Saturday, January 3, 2015

Nightly my father will call, it's just our routine. Each night we talk about how the day's been, what's new and how my mother has been doing. I'm always sure to ask how my father is but it seems like the subject always rolls back to how my mom is. Last night she was talkative and although she babbled on about a whole lot of things we didn't understand we listen attentively and create conversation around what she was saying. Tonight's phone call was much different. She was again wanting to go home....the sun goes down and she's wanting to leave the house as it's not hers and go back to where she lives....... Tonight it's cold outside, snowing and freezing rain. My father asked her where she wanted to be, her response. I've got to meet someone, up the street....this was a new response. I could here him laugh slightly and say the weather is not good you are not going out there...............her response............................I'll say warm and dry just let me go..............................his worry every minute of the day is just that.....that she might go.........there is no fear, no worry, just want to go..............................she desires to be somewhere else. To live in that fear of not being where you should be. To not know anyone around you and to not want to be where you are but unable to leave must be the scariest thing in the world......we need to remember she's still able to let us know what she wants.......we have to respect that, but how do you respect what the person is wanting when you know what is best for the person.

No comments: