Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Moral of the Story is.....

When I was 17 I had a root canal, at that time the tooth hurt so bad and all went wrong with the root canal that well lets just say my faith in the dentist I was seeing was minimal.
Did I follow his advice back then with the next procedure that should of been done? NO.
Well yesterday I had oral surgery, they cut bone and gum to see if they could save a broken tooth and do that cap that was needed over 20 years ago--when saying it that way I sound and feel old.
Yup it hurts, yup it's uncomfortable, yup I sat in my new dentists chair worrying--cap $500 or bridge $3000. I have been worrying over this the last two weeks now, and well it felt like a 1000 pounds had been lifted off my chest when the dentist said he could save my tooth.
Today my mouth is a wee bit sore, I'm off the pain meds but have to rinse three times daily and take an antibiotic just as many times but let's just, say............the moral of the story is, if you are told to invest in a cap when a root canal has been done, do it.
The worry alone is not worth it when a tooth breaks and looks almost unfix able.
Sorry for being MIA this is why, that and having to run Taylor all about for extra curricular activities....I'm tired and heading to bed, nighters to whoever pops by and reads my latest vent--sorry no layouts today.

1 comment:

Alli said...

Glad you are feeling better and that he was able to save your tooth!