Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rain, Rain go away

Who's likes rain??????

Guess I'm not alone--I love it!!!!!

I could sit on a porch at the lake and watch and listen to a storm go on about me. I'd find it very relaxing and enjoyable. However, I don't own a cottage and we really don't have an enclosed porch on our home, so the possibility of that happening is nil. However, I do love to sit and listen when it rains, and one thing for sure, when it rains it pours. In more ways than one.

This last little bit I've sat and thought about all the things that have gone on over the last two years in our lives.
At times it's very overwhelming, and I have to shake my head to find out if it's real or not.
Life isn't about not learning, it's about taking every small little experience and finding something in it to teach us a lesson.
Taylor often teaches me. Not to long ago she was in an activity that required her to compete against others. Don't get me wrong, I grew up in sports. Loved them all my life, until I stopped and watched, and realized that the unsportsmen like conduct was something I just didn't want to subject her to if I could help it. She's busy, we spend lots of time at the gym but her love of karate and swimming is where she is at now for activity. Anyway, back to my lesson, she was competing, didn't do well, actually came last, and her first comment was, with her arms in the air.......I won last place. Ok, did she actually win last place??--Yah she did. No one else finished it with her, there was no tie, she came last, the end, no one else was behind her, so know what???? She did win last place. Was it so bad? No. Was she upset??? No, she won that place. She finished, she did what she set out to do, and she won last place. That day, I learned from a child, winning really isn't everything, when it rain it does pour but it's not always bad. It really is about how you see it, how you take a situation and make of it what you may. Was I proud of her, sure I was. In my heart when she crossed that finish line I couldn't of been prouder, would I of loved to of seen her win? Of course, I would be lying if I said NO, but I learned, that smile on her face was more valuable than any first place ribbon, she was successful, and YUP, she won last place!!!

So when it rains do yah want the rain to go away??? Yah we all do, but take that rain and dance it in, enjoy it cause yah never know when it might rain again.

No comments: